Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 01273 885550.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you) caroline kobielusz trading as Finishing Touch of 3 Powis Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3HJ with email address email@example.com; telephone number 01273 885550 (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the Terms on which we sell our services to you. By using our services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
4. Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the sale and purchase of our services;
5. Delivery Location means the Supplier’s premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
6. Services means any service, dry cleaning, laundry or ironing that we supply to you,
8. The description of services is as set out in our website.
9. In the case of Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide is accurate.
Basis of Sale
10. To provide a dry cleaning service to our customer..
11. When an Order has been made, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
12. A Contract will be formed for the Goods ordered, only upon the Supplier’s written acceptance of the Order or if earlier, the Supplier’s delivery of the Goods to the Customer.
13. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 30 days from its date unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
14. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the service, price or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and Finishing Touch in writing.
15. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer where we, the Supplier and you the Customer, enter the Contract at any of the Supplier’s business premises, and where the Contract is not a contract (i) for which an offer was made by the Customer in the Supplier’s and the Customer’s simultaneous physical presence away from those premises, or (ii) made immediately after the Customer was personally and individually addressed in the Supplier’s and the Customer’s simultaneous physical presence away from those premises. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate to you and which might, in some way, be better for you, eg by giving cancellation rights pursuant to consumer protection law. Business premises means immovable retail premises where we carry on business on a permanent basis or, in the case of movable retail premises, on a usual basis.
Price and Payment
16. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges for the Goods, and the total price of them and the charges, is that set out in our price list current at the date we accepted the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
17. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
18. Payment for Goods must be made at least 1 day in advance of delivery. You must pay in cash or by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before collection of your dry cleaning/laundry.
19. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
20. Risk of damage to, or loss of, the Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
21. You can not take possession of the goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to sell your goods to reduce our loss.
22. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
23.We have a legal duty to supply the service in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
24.Upon collection, the service provided will:
a.be of satisfactory quality
b.be without damage unless the garment was unsuitable for dry cleaning and/or the care label has been removed.
c.conform to their description.
25.It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
26.In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
a.the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
b.the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery.
27.Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
29.For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
a.’Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
b.’GDPR’ means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
c.’Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
30.We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Goods to you.
31.Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
a.before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
b.we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
c.we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
d.we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
32.For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
33.Finishing Touch does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for(i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession).
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
34.The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
35.Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
36.We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If disputes occur customers should contact us directly within 24 hours of taking the dry cleaning away from the shop at our email email@example.com . We will endeavor to contact them within 5 working days via email.